Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Climb

Assalam.


There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose.....


No, it's not Miley Cyrus's.. Don't worry :) I'm still keeping my ears clean from hearing that kind of voice. Alhamdulillah, Mirwana had it 'available' for me to listen to it. The first time I heard the song was when I walked along a 'kaki lima' in Kuala Lumpur. The lyric was so nice, in that moment I memorized the chorus. And I hummed the song when I headed back home. But, the memory stayed sleep in my head, until Alhamdulillah Mirwana sang it. I don't actually remember it how Miley sang this song, but I THINK Mirwana did better. I posted a status in my FB, and Ahmad Ridhuan gave me another version which I think is very-very cool and so mellow (new word he taught me.. :)). So, because Mirwana doesn't make a video yet with a good sound quality, why don't you all listen to this version? See their passion..



Don't you worry. If you don't listen to women's songs in order to purify your heart, I'm with you. It's a bit odd for fans of songs and musics not to hear to women's songs nowadays, but hey, you know what, there're plenty of ikhwah out there who play pianos and guitars very well yet they don't listen to that kind of songs too.. so, don't feel 'outlandish' :)

''Brain wave frequencies vary according to mental state. Daydreaming and light meditation usually take place in the "Alpha" range of frequencies, for example. So if you listen to music containing beats at a frequency of 10 Hz it will feel very relaxing, because your brain will begin to follow this frequency and reproduce the rhythm in the music. You will automatically generate more brainwaves at a 10 Hz frequency and enter a relaxed Alpha mental state.'' intelligencetest.com

Music also affects your health. Ye ke? Check la sendiri.. :)


All in all, I just want to say, apart from hearing other songs, never let they take over Quran's part in your life. A 'kakak' to my friend once said she was jealous with people who read Quran like people read novels. Be familiar with Quran. It's still my personal opinion that I don't put ANY Quranic verses in my MP3. Why? I just don't think Quran deserves to be put in the same 'space' with any songs, even nasyid. I don't know, perhaps that's my problem. I prefer reading it myself, soothing and calming my mind, reading it slowly again and again, contemplating the verses one by one to myself. Aha.. that's my way. I believe you have your own.


For us, we need Quran to 'endure' the climb. I hope to see you soon on the other side of this world. In Jannah insya Allah..

2 comments:

  1. erm.. joe mceldry of X factor di UK..ada lagu ni juga. sbelum mirwana, saya guna yg ini

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. due2 cm sedap.

    ReplyDelete

Sila lah komen. Untuk perkongsian ilmu, teguran membina, dan pengerat ukhuwwah.